The United Way of the Columbia-Willamette Catalyst Fund ($50,000 for Fiscal Year 2016-2017) is designed to initiate or strengthen an effort through one-time investments to strengthen the systems and networks that support the communities in our region.
1. Review the following documents:
2. Consider the best time to apply
- Requests are accepted in two cycles during the following months for awards up to $5,000 per application:
- November 1 – December 31, 2016 (NOTE: DEADLINE EXTENDED FROM December 16 to December 31)
- May 1 – June 16, 2017
- Organizations currently receiving funds through Community Strengthening or Community Transformation are not eligible for this grant stream.
- Eligible organizations may only submit one request per fiscal year, and;
- In the spirit of fairness, the Catalyst Fund will be disbursed equally throughout the year, with requests reviewed and awarded by an internal committee (approximately $25,000 to be awarded per review session):
|SUBMISSION PERIOD||INTERNAL REVIEW||AWARDS DISBURSED||REPORTING DEADLINE|
|Nov. 1st – Dec. 16th 2016|
(NOTE: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 31, 2016)
|Jan. 2017||Feb. 2017||Aug. 31st 2017|
|May 1st – June 16th 2017||June 2017||July 2017||Dec. 31st 2017|
>> Application is Now Closed <<
(Application period ended Dec 31st 2016. Please check back May 1, 2017 for the next round of application submissions.)
3. Submit your Catalyst Fund request:
Once you have completed your application, the following screen will appear confirming the receipt of your application:
Contact Mayra Arreola, Community Collaborations & Investment Director, at Mayraa@unitedway-pdx.org.