Improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity by mobilizing the caring power of people across our metro area.
- Ignite a community-wide social movement thereby mobilizing thousands to action—to give, advocate and volunteer—to improve the conditions in which they live
- Galvanize and connect all sectors of society—individuals, businesses, nonprofits, faith communities and governments—to create long-term social change that produces healthy, well-educated and financially stable individuals and families
- Raise, invest and leverage millions of dollars annually to create and support innovative programs and approaches which generate sustained impact in local communities
- Hold ourselves accountable to our steadfast commitment to equity and continually measure improvement in education, financial stability and health
- Collective impact: We are better together; United Way inspires people to get involved and focuses our collective resources for amplified results.
- Equity: We recognize inequities in our community and will prioritize our resources to level the playing field for those communities most impacted by these inequities.
- Service: We believe volunteerism transforms our communities and ourselves.
- Connection: Our portfolio of relationships—corporate, nonprofit, government, faith and philanthropic—is unique and strengthens our ability to collaborate, convene, leverage and achieve change.
- Integrity: We act with integrity that justifies trust, and we take responsibility for our relationships and results.
- Innovation: We support new and better ways to solve old problems.
- Pursuit of excellence: We adapt and learn from both our successes and mistakes.
- Passion: We are tenaciously committed to a better community and to building a modern United Way to drive positive social change.