DO YOU OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS TO MEMBERS OF YOUR COMMUNITY?
Apply for United Way’s Scholarship Funds!
As a part of our commitment to decreasing inequities in the community, we provide investments for students that are historically disadvantaged within the education system. We support culturally specific organizations who operate scholarship programs for students within their communities in order to increase opportunities for underserved communities.
- Applications must be submitted with enough time (4 to 6 weeks) for decision and payment to be made before awards are disbursed or associated event takes place.
- Organizations who meet the criteria may submit one scholarship application within a fiscal year.
- Scholarships will be allocated to culturally specific organizations who award individuals within their communities.
- Opportunity to reach targeted audiences, increase brand awareness and build relationships with culturally specific communities.
- Ability to create cross-promotional activities, including sponsorship of associated awards events.
- Awarded organizations will provide stories on scholarships and the program.
- Organization must work in and serve Clark, Clackamas, Multnomah and/or Washington counties.
- Associated awards event or award ceremony must occur in the four-county region and open to UWCW representation at the event.
- Alignment with UWCW mission.
- Award recipients must be reflective of the culturally specific community the organization serves.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, download and fill out the following form and send to LaurenG@unitedway-pdx.org along with any other supplemental documents
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis and reviewed every other month.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Gottfredson, Community Collaborations Manager at 503.226.9303 or LaurenG@unitedway-pdx.org.