United Way stands behind the idea that each of us has something to give, and in turn, something to receive.

Whether you donate money, volunteer your time or use your voice to set priorities that lift up everyone in our community—we can do more together than on our own.

Give online.

Make an online gift now.

Give a monthly gift.

If you wish to donate individually, rather than through your workplace, you can still give a recurring monthly donation. When you donate a small amount each month, it adds up to make a big impact. And once you start your gift, you don't have to remember to write a check each month—we'll take care of the details.

You can start a monthly online gift now using your credit or debit card, or call us at 503.228.9131 for other methods of payment.

Give cash or a check.

Mail your gift to:
United Way of the Columbia-Willamette
Attn: Finance Dept.
619 SW 11th Ave.
Portland, OR 97205

Give through your workplace.

If your employer runs an annual United Way Community Giving Campaign, you can easily give to our "Break the Cycle Fund" to reduce childhood poverty or to any nonprofit of your choice. Just complete a donation form each year, and we'll process your gift via payroll deduction, credit card, cash or check.

Not sure if your workplace has a campaign? We're working on a list of local employers that run campaigns. In the meantime, contact your Human Resources department. 

If your workplace does not have a campaign and you want to start one, e-mail Chelsea Sokolow, Chief Development Officer, at chelseas@unitedway-pdx.org or call 503.226.1361. 

Find out if your employer will match your gift.

Even if your employer does not run a United Way Community Giving Campaign, they may still help increase the impact of your gift! Many workplaces will match every donation you make, dollar for dollar, at no additional cost to you.

We're working on a list of local employers that match gifts to United Way, but in the meantime, simply contact your Human Resources department.

For federal employees:

If you are a federal employee, you can donate to United Way of the Columbia-Willamette through the Combined Federal Campaign.

When you choose CFC code #55440 for your contributions, you are helping United Way of the Columbia-Willamette break the cycle of childhood poverty in our four-county region. Learn more about the Combined Federal Campaign.

For retirees:

Have you recently retired? Are you thinking about retiring? Do you want to stay involved in giving back to the community? Thank you for your generosity! We want to make it easy for you to give and volunteer. Learn more.

Planned giving.

You can achieve your personal financial goals and support the things you believe in, like making a difference in someone's life. Including United Way of the Columbia-Willamette in your estate planning will not only provide long-term support for our community but will help you by reducing estate, gift, and current income taxes, or providing a steady source of income to you and your family. Learn more. 

Give a gift in honor or memory of a loved one.

Looking for a gift for someone special? Make a donation in their honor and help to change a life. You can also honor the memory of family or friends with a donation.

We will gratefully acknowledge your gift with a card to the family or individual you wish to honor or remember.

You can select a memorial or honor donation when you give online. You can also tell us you’re making this type of gift when speaking to our staff or note it on your mailed donation.

Give stock.

You can realize enhanced tax savings by making your gift to United Way through appreciated securities. Stocks, bonds and mutual funds can also be donated to charity and provide tax savings.

When donating securities, it is important to keep in mind whether they have increased or decreased in value over time.

If the value of the securities has increased, consider donating them directly to the organization rather than selling them and donating the cash. Securities that you have owned for more than a year can be tax deductible at their full fair market value, not at the original cost. In addition, this also allows you to bypass capital gains taxes that you would owe if you sold the securities. Donations of securities are deductible in amounts up to 30 percent of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI).

However, if the value of your securities has decreased over time, you may want to sell them and then donate all or part of the proceeds. You will receive the tax deduction for the amount of the charitable gift as well as creating a loss that you may also be able to claim.

If your securities are held at a brokerage firm, contact your broker in writing and request a transfer of securities to the United Way account. United Way has accounts at most of the brokerage houses in our area.

Questions? We're happy to help! Call us at 503.228.9131.

Donate a car.

Have an old vehicle you’re not sure what to do with? Through our partnership with Volunteers of America's (VOA) Charity Connections project, you can donate your vehicle—and 100 percent of any proceeds will go back to United Way of the Columbia-Willamette. Learn more.

Don't see what you're looking for?

If you have any questions about donating, or if you want to give through another method, call us at 503.228.9131 or email our finance team at finance@unitedway-pdx.org.