For more information on this opportunity and to apply, click here.
For over 100 years, United Way of the Columbia-Willamette (UWCW) has been working to meet the needs of vulnerable families in our region. No matter the crisis, we have remained steadfast in our commitment to LIVE UNITED and take care of our community.
We are committed to rebuilding and reimagining more equitable and resilient communities. Last fiscal year, UWCW served 160,000+ kids and families and invested over $24M in the community. We put racial equity at the center of our work because research shows that kids and families of color face social and economic disparities that deter the progress of our community as a whole. We work with organizations to address these disparities and to create a region where all families have the resources and opportunities to thrive, through our impact focus areas: education, housing, crisis & disaster response, and volunteerism.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
As the new President & CEO, you will have the opportunity to reimagine the vision and strategy for one of Oregon's most influential non-profits and funders, ushering in a new chapter in United Way's 100-year history of continuous service and impact. Your vision will motivate a collaborative, mission-focused team of experts toward the next generation of our strategic initiatives, programs, fundraising, grantmaking, volunteer programs and community engagement through your innovative approach and inspiring leadership.
- Chair of the Board and UWCW Board of Directors
- Chief Development Officer
- Chief Impact Officer
- VP of Finance
- VP of Equity, Talent & Culture
- VP of Marketing and Communications
- Director of IT
- Executive Assistant/Project Manager
- Overall staff of 47
Other Key Relationships & Partnerships
- Numerous community and cultural organizations, as well as nonprofits, foundations, the public sector, and private sector partners and donors.
United Way of the Columbia-Willamette is looking for an exceptional leader who will:
- Bring strategic leadership, leveraging our strengths while reimagining our model and how we lead and serve into the future
- Create a clear vision, brand identity, and value proposition that spotlights the relevance and progression of our work, and that connects and motivates staff, partners, and the community toward collaboration and action
- Further develop our engaged Board of Directors to strengthen connections with staff and community, reflecting additional public sector and nonprofit perspectives and the diversity of the communities we serve
- Bring fundraising and financial expertise to continue to diversify funding relationships, using innovative decision making and current philanthropy industry trends
- Be an inspiring leader for the community and our committed and passionate UWCW team, actively nurturing a culture of inclusion, collaboration, transparency, and connection to the mission
- Exemplify our commitment to lead with equity, authenticity, and integrity, across all of our stakeholder groups and the community, in both words and actions
- Advanced strategic leadership and management experience in the human services field
- Experience managing a similar level of community investment, with proven fundraising expertise
- Experience in or across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public, and business
- A demonstrated track record of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, both internally and externally, and the ability to build coalitions and collaborate with the community at large, specifically with communities of color
- Deep expertise in collaboration, facilitation, and community engagement, with authentic and empathetic community relationships
- Experience utilizing a racial equity-centered approach and skilled in navigating challenging conversations around race and social justice
- Understanding of metrics and key performance indicators, embracing data-informed decision making
- Master’s Degree preferred in social work, social science, public administration, planning, or business administration, or a comparable combination of experience and education
Interested in applying?
Please click here for full details about the opportunity and to submit your résumé and cover letter.
You can also visit https://www.unitedway-pdx.org/about/careers for additional information about working with United Way.
This position closes June 29, 2022.
Please contact our search consultants, Joseph Wahl (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Diane Thurston (email@example.com), at Wahl & Associates.