United Way's workplace campaigns are about bringing people in local workplaces together to tackle our community's most difficult issues.
Whether you're a small business, major corporation or even a nonprofit, you can join more than 550 local businesses and organizations that run workplace campaigns each year.
Every campaign is different and can be shaped around your organization's culture. Setting up and running a campaign is simple and we can help you every step of the way.
Why run a workplace campaign with United Way?
Running a workplace campaign is good for your company, good for your employees and good for our community.
Good for your company.
- 90 percent of consumers say they are more likely to trust and be loyal to a company that is involved in their community.*
- We know your time is valuable and we make it as easy as possible for your employees to participate. Depending on your needs, we offer the option of paper or online pledging.
- Focusing your organization toward a common goal energizes employees, builds morale and increases teamwork.
- United Way can help you meet your corporate philanthropy goals and the interests of your employees, while also making your giving dollars go farther.
Good for your employees.
- 75 percent of employees say it is important to them that the company they work for helps the community. Also, 65 percent think it is important for a company to offer employees the option to give to charity through payroll deduction.**
- Your employees can donate to or through United Way, allowing them to support any organization or cause they believe in.
- Through our Hands On Greater Portland program, your employees can easily sign up for volunteer opportunities that fit their interests and schedules.
Good for the community.
- By reducing childhood poverty, we're making schools, families and communities stronger for kids in our region.
- It is a smart investment. United Way provides the most efficient and effective way to make a difference in our community so you and your employees can give with confidence.