UNITED WAY'S WORKPLACE CAMPAIGNS ARE ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER TO ADDRESS OUR COMMUNITY'S MOST PRESSING ISSUES.
Whether you're a small business, major corporation or even a nonprofit, you can join more than 550 local businesses and organizations that run workplace campaigns each year.
Setting up a workplace campaign is good for your company, your employees and your community!
- Create Impact: United Way can help you meet your corporate philanthropy goals and the interests of your employees, while also making your giving dollars go farther
- Engage Employees: 75% of employees say it is important to them that the company they work for gives back to the community
- Leverage a Trusted Brand: With vetted nonprofit partners across the region, United Way provides the most efficient and effective way to make a difference in your community so you and your employees can give with confidence
Every campaign is different and can be shaped around your organization's culture. Setting up and running a campaign is simplle and we can help you every step of the way.
If you're new to workplace campaigns, please send an email to email@example.com so we can help you get started.
“I support United Way because it creates a significant impact in my community. Every day, I recognize that there are individuals and families who do not have enough food or cannot pay their bills. United Way works to support community partners to provide these services which positively impact underserved individuals and families. I am glad to know that I am part of that.”
- Keith Ristau, President & CEO of Far West Recycling
“The impacts of COVID-19 have been significant for many individuals and families in Oregon and across the country. The needs are great and we are working with and through our community partners like United Way to assist with relief and recovery efforts. Our ongoing support of United Way is one of the ways we are working to address the longer-term impacts of this pandemic. United Way’s commitment to issues like affordable housing is critical and the organization continues to have tremendous impact on closing the social and economic gaps in our communities.”
- Stacy Dodson, Market President of U.S. Bank (Portland & SW Washington)
For 100 years, UWCW has been working to meet the needs of vulnerable families in our region. No matter the crisis, we have always remained steadfast to our commitment to LIVE UNITED and take care of our community.
Even before the pandemic, 1 in 3 families in our region was unable to pay for basic needs, having to make agonizing choices between paying for rent, utilities, childcare or healthcare. With unemployment on the rise and widespread economic insecurity due to COVID-19, families that were already on the edge of houselessness do not have the financial reserves to stay stably housed.
Through an incredible outpouring of generosity from community members alongside corporate as well as foundation partners, we raised over half a million dollars to mobilize a community safety net and support our region’s most vulnerable during this unprecedented time.
See our impact during COVID-19.
As we shift from immediate COVID-19 response efforts to reducing the long-term economic impacts, we’re committed to rebuilding and reimagining more equitable and resilient communities.
That’s why we launched the Resilient Families Initiative.
Because UWCWC supports nonprofit organizations across our four counties (Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington Counties, OR and Clark County, WA) your co-workers, your company’s and your gift to the Resilient Families Fund helps provide supportive housing services for families with the highest risk of being displaced and divert these families from becoming houseless.
Learn more about our local funded partners.
At UWCW, our mission is to improve lives, strengthen communities and advance equity by mobilizing the caring power of people.
We’re uniquely positioned in our region to bring people, community partners, foundations, businesses and government agencies together to build awareness of the challenges that poverty creates, focus on where the need is the greatest and scale what works to create sustainable impact.
We do this by:
- Focusing on Racial Equity: We address the root causes of poverty by putting racial equity at the center of our work.
- Implementing Culturally-Appropriate Strategies: We elevate solutions that come from within communities of color and are the most effective.
- Applying a Data Driven Approach: We are positioned to see across systems, jurisdictions and organizations to evaluate what works and how we can most effectively support our community.
Our community needs us now more than ever.
As an Employee Campaign Leader (ECL), you help engage and educate co-workers, create excitement and drive dollars to help reach your company's goal. Each successful campaign works to build a more inclusive and equitable region where all families have the resources and opportunities to thrive. #UnitedWeReimagine
In light of COVID-19, we recognize that campaigns in 2020 may look a little different. We have all the tools and guides for you to learn how to run a campaign, whether it's virtual or in-person, and customize it to meet the needs of your company.